- Workshop dates: Nov. 10, 11 & 12, 2015
- Time: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Location: Manoa Innovation Center, Ideation Room
- Fashion show will follow: Saturday, Nov. 14, 2015
- Time: 7:00pm - 10:00pm
- Location: Modern Hotel
1. The first Civic Hackathon resulting from CityCampHNL was held in conjunction with the City and County of Honolulu.
2. Unconferenz 2012 was memorable not only because of the topics and attendance (Tim O'Reilly, Jen Pahlka, Kirk Caldwell, Kym Pine, etc.) but it also debuted Code for America to the Honolulu community.
3. Geeks on DaBus was the culmination of an idea that sprung from CityCampHNL and the Civic Hackathon. We used DaBus app and converged on Kaka`ako to talk transportation with Mayor Carlisle and folks from TheBus.
4. Transparency Camp and the folks from Sunlight Foundation. I never thought Washington D.C. could be so much fun.
5. Getting the chance to visit a floating hospital on the high seas is always a memorable event. Here is a helicopter landing on the USNS Mercy in the waters off O`ahu.
6. Visiting Midway Atoll for the 70th anniversary of the Battle of Midway was incredible not only for its historical significance but for the experience of seeing thewildlife reclaiming the island.
7. This large golf ball shaped radar has become a regular feature in the Pearl Harbor view plane. Few get to visit and tour the insides of the SBX.
8. Have you ever felt like you are part of a bigger movement? I felt that way when attending the Code for America Summit. Open Government and Open Data is making great strides thanks to the efforts of CfA.
9. Visiting South Korea was an awesome experience. I have a much deeper appreciation for Korean culture and people. It is a place I will return to soon.
10. We capped the year of Open Data with a demo day called Hon*Celerator. It was a code contest of applications built around data from data.honolulu.gov and data.hawaii.gov. This is just the beginning...
A visit to Seoul, Korea is the first of my top 10 memorable moments of 2011: flickr.com/photos/bytemar…— Burt Lum (@Bytemarks) January 1, 2012
The Unconferenz 2011 in Feb is my second memorable moment of 2011: flickr.com/photos/bytemar…— Burt Lum (@Bytemarks) January 1, 2012
The iPad 2 launch day was my third memorable moment of 2011. It was also the day of the Japan tsunami. flickr.com/photos/bytemar…— Burt Lum (@Bytemarks) January 1, 2012
My Zen brushwork class with Andy Kay was my fourth memorable moment in 2011: twitter.com/Bytemarks/stat…— Burt Lum (@Bytemarks) January 1, 2012
Cruising around the Google campus on a Google bike was my fifth memorable moment of 2011: flickr.com/photos/bytemar…— Burt Lum (@Bytemarks) January 1, 2012
A visit to Osaka was my sixth memorable moment of 2011, great food and great company. Mahalo Hawaiian Air flickr.com/photos/bytemar…— Burt Lum (@Bytemarks) January 1, 2012
A trip to Astoria, Oregon was my eighth memorable moment of 2011. Even if it was cold and rainy: flickr.com/photos/bytemar…— Burt Lum (@Bytemarks) January 1, 2012
Soul food in Atlanta, Georgia was my ninth memorable moment in 2011. The food at Mama's was great. twitter.com/Bytemarks/stat…— Burt Lum (@Bytemarks) January 1, 2012
And my number 10 memorable moment for 2011 is CityCamp Honolulu. Thrilled that I could be a part of it. flickr.com/photos/bytemar…— Burt Lum (@Bytemarks) January 1, 2012
- If you want to find out about what is happening in the social media scene you must check out @Hawaii's new website Hawaii Social Media.com. You'll find up to date highlights on events, workshops and the occasional provocative article about SM in the local media.
- And if it's the bon dance schedule you are looking for go to @champuru's BonDance.com.
- Carolyhi59 brought up DomoDoesTheWorld.com. A creative group collaboration that chronicles the adventures of Domo.
- Madmarv reminded me about Unconferenz 2011 and the fact that it is only 5 months away. Tentatively we are looking at the 3rd week in Feb 2011. I will be more specific as soon as I hear back from KCC.
- We also talked about the end of Metromix and the rise of Nonstop Honolulu. They are going to give TGIF in the Star-Advertiser a run for their money. Nonstop Honolulu has strong sociable personalities whereas TGIF is pretty nondescript. I'm not even sure who is behind their Twitter account.
- Madmarv remembers we talked about DVR to DVD recording. Fringe. Social media in politics. Furloughs. A smidgen of gadget geeking. Civil beat.
- Carolyhi59 tweets us: My DVR is a Toshiba HDD/DVR model # RD-XS52SU. It's at least 5 yrs old. I found it on Amazon.com. 🙂
- Hawaii said he advocated just getting a DVD recorder, available at Costco and Walmart. Otherwise, TiVo all the way!
- Pineapplejuice recalls us talking about: Mufi's flyer, and how that self-described social media expert said that no (political) campaign was using social media effectively, general mobile device show-and-tell, and geolocation services - Foursquare, Gowalla, and now Facebook Places - and how FP doesn't work on my phone for some reason.
- Exbor tweeted the fact that we got into deep conversations with the group. He also reminded me that we talked about Google's new Phone Service and suggested this Lifehacker tip.
- Debra Drexler: Chair, Drawing and Painting UH "20 years in 20 slides"
- L.P. "Neenz" Faleafine: Editor "20 Hawaii Traditions"
- Tamara Moan: Artist "The Art of Travel"
- Jeannie Randall: Visual Artist "Money Shots"
- Liz Bowen
- David Rockwood: Architect "Team Hawaii's 2011 Solar Deathlon Entry"
- Dorothy Feibleman: Ceramic Artist and Designer "various works"
- Grady Gillan: Blogger "Three Frames"
- Maika'i Tubbs: Artist "Now Playing"