- Astronomers find a dark matter galaxy far, far away - A faint “satellite galaxy” 10 billion light years from Earth is the lowest-mass object ever detected at such a distance, says University of California, Davis, physics professor Chris Fassnacht, who aided in the satellite’s discovery.
- Patient Receives Hawaii's First Telescope Implant for Macular Degeneration by Retina Institute of Hawaii - MarketWatch - A team of surgeons from Hawaii, Dr. Michael Bennett of Retina Institute of Hawaii and Dr. Michael McMann of McMann Institute, has successfully implanted the FDA-approved eye telescope, a first in Hawaii, at one of the leading medical centers in Honolulu.
- 100 Years Of Observing Volcanic Activity At Hawaii Volcanoes National Park | National Parks Traveler - For a century now researchers have been studying volcanic activity from the Hawaiian Volcano Observatory, a facility that has provided many insights into volcanoes and earthquakes in the Pacific.
- Astronomers release unprecedented data set on celestial objects that brighten and dim - Astronomers from the California Institute of Technology (Caltech) and the University of Arizona have released the largest data set ever collected that documents the brightening and dimming of stars and other celestial objects—two hundred million in total.
- NASA Airborne Radar 'Sees' Inside Hawaii Volcano | Hawaii Volcano News, Images & Updates, Kilauea Eruption News, Images & Updates | Most Active Volcanoes, Volcano Monitoring | Space.com - This mission has returned to Hawaii for the third time to see how the volcano's surface is changing, which holds clues about what's happening inside the world's most active volcano.
- China, India to jump forward with Hawaii telescope - China and India will pay a share of the construction cost - expected to top $1 billion - for the Thirty Meter Telescope at the summit of Mauna Kea volcano. They will also have a share of the observation time.
Each week I pore through Google alerts to find Hawaii's science and tech news. These are my finds for January 18th through January 23rd: