- Honolulu Seawater Air Conditioning does pipeline survey - Honolulu Seawater Air Conditioning announced Monday it has completed a pipeline survey that moves its $250 million project forward.
- Earth Has Two Moons, But It's Not What You Think - Technology - The Atlantic Wire - In a day packed with astronomy news, researchers at the University of Hawaii in Honolulu came out today and declared that earth probably has two moons at any one time.
- Hawaii utility to make gas from vegetable oil - Hawaii's gas utility has a new plant that will transform vegetable oil, coconut oil, and other fats and oils into gas.
- Closest Type Ia supernova in decades solves a cosmic mystery | e! Science News - On August 24 of this year, searching data as it poured into DOE's National Energy Research Scientific Computing Center (NERSC) from an automated telescope on Palomar Mountain in California, Nugent spotted a remarkable object. It was shortly confirmed as a Type Ia supernova in the Pinwheel Galaxy, some 21 million light-years distant.
- Cosmic Log - Moon telescope tested on Earth - After a wild night on top of Hawaii's Mauna Kea volcano, researchers report that they've successfully tested the remote-control system for a prototype telescope that could someday be looking at the cosmos from the surface of the moon.
- Governor Tours Proposed Maui Food Innovation Center | Maui Now - Governor Neil Abercrombie visited the University of Hawai’i Maui College and toured the site of a proposed food innovation center that would be housed in the college’s former cafeteria.
Each week I pore through Google alerts to find Hawaii's science and tech news. These are my finds for December 18th through December 24th: