- University of Hawai‘i - West O‘ahu :: ID Alert - The University of Hawai‘i -- West O‘ahu (UHWO) is notifying approximately 40,000 individuals that their personal information may have been compromised.
- Japan Achieves Third Ballistic Missile Intercept Using Raytheon... -- PACIFIC MISSILE RANGE FACILITY, KAUAI, Hawaii, Oct. 29, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- - The Japanese Maritime Self-Defense Force (JMSDF) achieved its third ballistic missile intercept using a Raytheon Company Standard Missile-3.
- Antarctic balloon sees particles with a million times more energy than the LHC | Science | guardian.co.uk - The ANITA experiment is designed to look for neutrinos, but saw 16 ultra-high-energy cosmic rays by mistake.
- Facebook study finds race trumped by ethnic, social, geographic origins in forging friendships - Race may not be as important as previously thought in determining who buddies up with whom, suggests a new UCLA–Harvard University study of American college students on the social networking site Facebook.
- Keahole Solar Power, DHHL kick off Oahu project | Hawaii247.com | Hawaii 24/7 - A ground blessing ceremony Wednesday in Kalaeloa, Oahu kicked off the largest Micro-scaled Concentrating Solar Power (MicroCSP) project in the State of Hawaii.
- NASA - NASA Survey Suggests Earth-Sized Planets Are Common - Nearly one in four stars similar to the sun may host planets as small as Earth, according to a new study funded by NASA and the University of California.
Each week I pore through Google alerts to find Hawaii's science and tech news. These are my finds for November 3rd: